It’s been a while. I’m not proud of that. I made the commitment in my mind when I started this blog that if I didn’t have anything to say, I wouldn’t write anything. No point in you reading a load of blathering waffle.
It’s the first day of the New Year. That gets caps because nobody knows why. Probably because it’s important. People like beginnings. In the beginning of something you can’t see how it’s gonna go. It could turn out great, you don’t know.
Hopefully ya don’t anyway, right?
I’m posting because it’s about time I let you in on my New Year’s plan. Why? Because I’d like to challenge you to either do this with me or come along for the ride. I know it’s possible to accomplish, but I haven’t done it, so I don’t know how it’s gonna go.
In the year of 2014:
1. My goal is to create and finish something “creative” every week. That’s 52 things. This is a super loose goal, I realize, but I’ll refine it more in later posts.
2. My goal is to live as if I am burdened with glorious purpose, like Loki of Asgard.
3. My goal is to be unashamed.
4. My goal is to learn to longboard, well.
5. My goal is to tell YOU all about it.
So. What am I doing this weekend? I’m creating something. And I’ll post all the pictures…Or video if that’s more accurate to the project…and you can ride along with me as we take on the most mysterious year of our lives.
(P.S. Here’s the disturbing, NOT kids video that inspired the title of this post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C_HReR_McQ)