Last year at this time I posted this:
1. My goal is to create and finish something “creative” every week. That’s 52 things. This is a super loose goal, I realize, but I’ll refine it more in later posts.
2. My goal is to live as if I am burdened with glorious purpose, like Loki of Asgard.
3. My goal is to be unashamed.
4. My goal is to learn to longboard, well.
5. My goal is to tell YOU all about it.
How did my year turn out?
1. I finished something creative every week. Yep, 52 creative things.
2. I don’t know if all of my purposes were glorious, but I certainly dressed as well as Loki at times.
3. I met a man who let me see myself without shame. Someone who saw the good in all the darkness.
4. Longboarding happened, but it happens less frequently now, which is terrible, I know.
5. DID YOU READ ALL THOSE STINKIN’ POSTS??? (it’s totally okay if you didn’t. Just the good ones, read those.)
I promised I’d give a rundown of my favorite projects from this year:
My top 6 in chronological order:
This was my favorite filming shoot of all time. So much fun working with these people. We learned a lot.
I just really like coffee.
This was just super fun to make. A lot easier and harder than expected. I would do it again.
I can’t help it, this was just like playing. Seriously. Good friends, good boarding, gorgeous park…GOPRO…I guess it couldn’t have been better unless we got to use a RED camera or something.
This story shocked me. I don’t know where it came from, but I enjoyed writing it and it freaked me out.
Writing a sonnet for the first time was like learning to write all over again. I liked the challenge.
Onward into goals for this new year!
- My resolutions:
1. See the good in all situations.
2. Forgive. Everything.
3. Laugh at myself more.
4. Create a film every month.
5. Start my greeting card line.
6. Post here every other week.
- So 2015 shall be called: 12 Months of Movies
More next time.
Until then, HAPPY DAY 1! May this year be the year you find the joy for which you long. Keep looking–you’ll never find it with your eyes closed.